Playing outdoors is one of the healthiest, most beneficial activities that any child can enjoy. In addition to those benefits, it also offers a child ample opportunity to learn about the real world. Although there are a substantial amount of unique and exciting outdoor toys, it can be difficult to decide which will offer your child the most effective early development, while still remaining fun.
Join Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy at Blakeney in Charlotte, North Carolina as we identify just what constitutes a great outdoor toy for your preschool child.
Anchoring in the real world
We are moving rapidly into an age where almost everything is becoming digital. We are becoming more and more cognizant that people prefer to be on digital devices rather than experiencing anything else in their immediate world. This can become a real problem for parents, as a child begins to spend too much time online, or in inappropriate digital communities. Outdoor activities and toys, during childcare, help to reinforce social skills, ensuring that your preschool child remains socially attached.
Healthy outdoor fun
Benefits of outdoor fun include exercise, healthy doses of Vitamin D and all the fresh air your child could ever want. These all promote vigorous and effective early development and can even aid with concentration. Give your child a real early advantage and ensure an excellent balance of indoor, outdoor, and digital toys and games to enjoy.
To learn more about these and other child care topics, or if you want to provide the best early development for your child, then contact us today, and speak with one of our professional staff members. We also offer excellent preschool extracurricular activities that include football, arts and crafts, as well as simply having fun and exploring outdoors.Show Less
The first five years of your infant’s life are a critical time when your child’s brain is forming essential connections for learning and future academic success. At birth, your child’s brain contains about 100 billion cells which is the most brain cells your child will ever have. However, only a small percentage of these cells are ultimately connected. It is through new learning experiences and sensory stimulation that these connections, known as synapses, are formed.
During these first five years, your infant’s brain structure is highly malleable and open to formative experiences that will determine the brain’s development. If the cells receive little or no stimulation, they simply disappear and cannot be brought back. Consequently, it is essential that your child receive the proper amount of stimulation to activate these cells and build permanent, healthy synapses.
Brain development the Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy way
Unlike traditional day care centers, our goal at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy at Blakeney in Charlotte is to provide stimulating learning experiences that support brain development and maximize your child’s mental capacity. We also understand that a safe emotional attachment is vital for the growth and development of your child’s brain. Our child care center is filled with stimulating materials to help facilitate your child’s exploration through the senses. Our innovative brain development curriculum targets each part of your child’s brain. The teaching provided by our professional staff will start your child on a journey to developing a lifelong love of learning.
To find out more about our child care center, curriculum and staff, please contact us today.Show Less
Every child deserves the best education possible, especially during the important preschool years. As preparation for the challenges of kindergarten and elementary school, a stimulating learning environment during preschool is essential. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Blakeney, our preschool curriculum will prepare your child with the academic abilities, self-confidence, and physical skills needed for successful learning.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Blakeney, we offer a specialized preschool program using our Fast Track Curriculum™. For ages from two to five years, students learn about art, building with blocks, math, movement, and music. Each child will also be exposed to nature, phonics, science, reading, and theater. Your child will have fun while being academically challenged, and will learn decision-making skills that support a growing, inquisitive mind.
Some of the learning stations we offer at the Learning Academy include: solving puzzles, movement with music, and self-expression through writing. Your child is given the opportunity to explore, learn how to problem solve, and express creativity, each of which are important life skills.
Your child will benefit from our::
- Fast Track Curriculum™ that optimizes cognitive development and essential skills for academic success.
- Varied activities using our learning stations that offer cognitive and physical challenges and introduces problem-solving to further expand developing minds.
- Nationally AdvancED Accredited program
Kids ‘R Kids Learning Academy of Blakeney has received certification from the AdvancED™ Accreditation Commission, a non-profit educational organization consisting of educational professionals who review school curriculums to ensure academic excellence..
For more information about our Learning Academy or our curriculum, contact Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Blakeney today.Show Less
When it comes to your infant’s bowel movements, there is often no schedule. This is because your child is getting used to their dietary routine. If you child is not having regular bowel movements, it could indicate that they are constipated. If you are concerned that your infant may be constipated, here are signs to look for:
- Crying and discomfort
- Dry, hard, pellet-like stool
- Fewer than three bowel movements a week
- Foul-smelling wind and stool
- Loss of appetite
- A hard belly
Infant child care: what causes constipation?
There are several possible reasons why your infant may be constipated:
- Infant Formula. A formula fed baby is more prone to constipation because formula can be harder to digest than breast milk. A breastfed baby is less likely to get constipated.
- Introducing solids. Babies often become constipated when they start eating solid foods, as their bodies need to learn how to manage these new foods. Low-fiber foods and not enough fluids also contribute to constipation.
- Dehydration. Your infant may be refusing milk because he/she is teething, has thrush, a throat infection, a cold or an ear infection. Your older child may not be drinking enough milk or water with their solid foods. If your infant is not getting enough fluids, he may become dehydrated. This can cause a dry, hard stool that is difficult to pass. If you suspect your child is dehydrated contact your pediatrician immediately.
How can I treat constipation?
Check with your doctor or health advisor before trying anything to ease your infant’s discomfort. Here are some treatments that your doctor may suggest:
- Gently move your infant’s legs in a bicycling motion to help move the hard stool along his intestine.
- If your infant is drinking formula, give him extra water in between feedings, but do not dilute the formula. Make sure that you are using the recommended amount of powder or liquid concentrate when making up a bottle. Too much powder can dehydrate your infant, causing constipation.
- If your infant has started eating solid foods, give them plenty of water or diluted fruit juice. Ample fiber in your older child’s diet could also help. Pureed or chopped apples, apricots, blueberries, sliced grapes and pears are all high in fiber.
If these home treatments have not worked, or if your infant’s constipation is severe, your doctor may suggest a laxative.Show Less
Pre-school children have reached an age when vital brain development determines the foundation for future achievement and a successful adulthood. What shapes this development is a child's environment, the education they receive, and the social skills they acquire during these formative years.
At Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Blakeney, our pre-school environment and academic curriculum are unparalleled. Renowned as a premier Learning Academy, we offer the top facilities and a dedicated staff for your child. The philosophy of "hug first, then teach" is our motto because we know your child will thrive when introduced to our nurturing environment.
Four reasons why pre-school is the right choice for your child
- The first five years of a child's life are crucial for brain development. 80 billion of the 100 billion total brain cells either are activated or permanently lost by a child's sixth birthday. Therefore, it is essential that children receive the necessary brain stimulation through an exceptional pre-school curriculum.
- These formative years are an exceptional opportunity for growth. They involve essential interacting, learning, and sharing with peers in a structured early learning environment. This opportunity prepares a child for later stages of education. Research has shown that children who attend an accredited pre-school have advanced pre-literacy skills, a greater math comprehension, and a more extensive vocabulary in comparison to those children without a preschool education.
- Socialization is both encouraged but also closely monitored at our pre-school during group activities and child-directed play. This assists children to gain emotional intelligence, learn to share, bond, and interact successfully with their peers and teachers.
- Learning the foundation for being independent and self-sufficient is another important life skill that is introduced to our pre-schoolers. Our curriculum assists them to become balanced, driven and successful adults, with their mastery of independence being a significant factor. Enrolling your child in a loving, safe environment, teaches them how to make positive decisions, successfully complete tasks, develop confidence, and discover their talents!
Parents can continue this essential early-learning development with a visit to Discovery Place Kids located nearby in Huntersville. Here, your child will meet new friends while playing in a stimulating learning environment that emphasizes imagination, fun, and being active.
Discover more about our leading pre-school program, or to schedule a tour of our Academy, please contact us today.Show Less